• No need for separate phone cables as the phone system uses the existing data network.
• Easier to install and manage via its web based management console.
• Far less expensive than a hardware-based PBX.
• Allows employees to hot-desk and tele-work.
• Users can configure their own extensions using the self-service User Portal.
• Utilize any SIP phone instead of being locked into one vendor.
Get In Touch:
(973) 845-6027 •
Archimedes Technologies, LLC • Madison, NJ 07940
© 2013 Archimedes Technologies, LLC
3CX Phone Systems
• Receive and make calls via existing phone lines using VoIP Gateways.
• Save on call costs with 'out of the box' configurations for popular SIP / VoIP providers.
• 3CX VoIP Client – simplifies usage and boosts mobility
• Web-based management console for easier administration
• Unlimited extensions
• Windows 2008 server integration – run a PBX virtualized
• BLF - set presence and eliminate phone tag
• MS Outlook / Salesforce.com integration – launch calls directly from your favorite CRM
• 3CX Bridges – connect branch offices seamlessly
• 3CX Tunnel – for easy remote connections
• Fax server
• Unified Messaging – receive voice mail and fax via email
• Unlimited auto-attendant / digital receptionist
• Phone provisioning
• Paging and intercom
• Call forwarding with advanced rules by caller ID, time and type of call
• Call queuing
• Call recording
• Call conferencing
• Call parking, call pickup, call forward, dial by name
• Android/iPhone Apps - Take your extension with you
3CX Phone System
is a software-based IP PBX
for Windows which replaces traditional PBX hardware phones. It is based on the SIP standard
and supports standard SIP software / hardware phones. It allows calls to be made via a VOIP service provider or via the regular PSTN.
Easy to install and configure, it includes a web-based configuration interface, voice mail, auto attendant, call hunting and other
features. Both commercial and a free edition are available.
3CX Phone System
for Windows is an award-winning software-based IP
PBX that replaces traditional proprietary hardware PBX. It is based on the SIP standard and supports most popular SIP phones, VoIP
Gateways, VoIP service providers and PSTN phone lines. It is easy to manage by system administrators as it integrates well with Windows